Saturday 18 November 2017

windows 10 - How to setup login time limits (a.k.a. "parental controls") if you don't want to login with a Microsoft account?

When creating accounts on Windows 10, you get a choice between "Your family" and "Other users".


If you choose "Your family" you are forced to use a Microsoft account to sign in. There are various reasons why one wouldn't want to do that, such as too much sharing of private information with Microsoft, etc.


If you choose "Other users" you can create regular accounts just fine. However, if you need to setup time limits for some accounts, it is impossible to do so. It is a feature exclusive to "Your family". Not all time-restricted users I want to create are my family, and not everyone is okay with sharing their info with Microsoft.


So, is there a way to setup login time limits for the "Other users" type of accounts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...