Sunday 26 November 2017

networking - Is Windows 10 Software NIC Teaming now possible?


Windows Server 2012 brought with it NIC teaming of adapters by different manufacturers.


I mean teaming using 1 NIC from say Intel and the other from Realtek. It has been possible to do teaming or bonding at the driver level, but what was introduced in Windows Server 2012 is at the operating system level. I appreciate Linux has been doing this for years :-)


It didn't make it onto Windows 8/8.1. I've seen some article where people reported it was working on Windows 10 Preview but no longer working.


Is NIC Teaming supported on Windows 10 Pro? Or another edition.



Answer



-- EDIT 5/4/16 --


This has been disabled in the most recent version of Windows 10 as well as the insider build 14295. The powershell command will error out or say that LBFO is not supported on the current SKU depending on the versin of Windows you are running. Hopefully MS will re-enable this feature sometime soon.


-- Original Post Below --


Yes, This is possible! To anyone else who found this post by Googling:


I haven't found a way to access this though a GUI, but running the following PowerShell command will create a team for you. Just replace the Ethernet names with your NIC names.


New-NetLbfoTeam TheATeam "Ethernet","Ethernet 6"


You should then get a 2GBs Switch Independent team. From there you can use the Network Connections screen to set it up how you want.


Screenshot of networks and Team


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...