Sunday 26 November 2017

browser - PC's Proxy settings being overridden


I am running IE8 & Firefox 3.0.12 on an XP SP3 PC at work. I think some program is overwriting my proxy settings. How do I figure out what that program is?
I set the proxy settings to :



proxy.domain.com port 8080



This will be overwritten at some later stage to :



localhost 8888



This problem is particularly bad for Firefox. Every time I open it the settings have been changed.



Answer



It turns out it is Fiddler that is overriding my settings. When it runs, the proxy settings are changed to use it, on port 8888. When it stops, then proxy settings are returned to normal. I must have crashed it a couple of times, leaving the settings pointing to the non-existant Fiddler proxy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...