Sunday 26 November 2017

software rec - Music player for linux

I need to choose a music player to use under linux after having fallen out with Banshee*. What would you recommend based on these requirements:



  1. Ability to import/export ratings

  2. Automatically picks up new files/folders added to library

  3. Has an active plugins ecosystem

  4. Smart playlists


Preferable:



  1. Controllable through Gnome-Do

  2. Ability to function as an MPD server (or stream music in any format) instead of piping music to speakers ?


* Banshee couldn't pick up new files & folders added to my library without rescanning the music library. When I did a rescan, it silently recreated the library minus the rating info I'd painstakingly built up over months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...