Tuesday 28 November 2017

filesystems - Can Airport Extremes handle NTFS external drives?


I've got an Airport Extreme and an external USB Hard Drive formatted with NTFS. (And a LAN of Windows XP Machines.)


The drive works perfectly when connected directly to a PC.


When it's connected to the AE, however, the Airport Utility sees the drive and lists it in the Disks list, but the drive doesn't appear on the network (as near as I can tell.)


Can the AE handle NTFS formatted disks? The documentation is vague on that point.



Answer



OSX doesn't support NTFS Formatting -> NTFS is not supported by AE.


FAT32 or HFS+ only


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...