Friday 24 November 2017

Unable to install VIrtualbox, `"Specify KERN_DIR="` -- installing Virtual Box to Debian?

I am getting this error:



Makefile:181: *** Error: unable to find the sources of your current Linux kernel. Specify KERN_DIR= and run Make again. Stop.



Basically I'm doing:


$ sudo /etc/init.d/vboxdrv setup
Removing existing VirtualBox non-DKMS kernel modules [ OK ]
Building the VirtualBox Guest Additions kernel modules
The headers for the current running kernel were not found. If the following
module compilation fails then this could be the reason.
The missing package can be probably installed with
yum install kernel-devel-2.6.32-573.18.1.el6.x86_64

Building the main Guest Additions module [FAILED]
(Look at /var/log/vboxadd-install.log to find out what went wrong)

And the error is:



Makefile:181: *** Error: unable to find the sources of your current Linux kernel. Specify KERN_DIR= and run Make again. Stop



What is this error and how to fix it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...