Thursday 23 November 2017

windows - Re-joining a computer to domain


I have a problem with a Windows 7 PC that had been a member of the domain. When I try to logon to this PC with domain credentials I get a message similar to


The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain could not be established.

Now I need to reestablish the membership of the PC in the domain. But since I can't logon I can't change neither the computer name nor the domain membership.



  • How can I re-trust PC and domain?

  • Can I add or renew the membership from the domain controllers console?


Edit:


There are no active local accounts on the machine that I could use to logon.



Answer



It's only possible to add the PC when you have the administrators rights at the PC and the right to change the DC.


Therefore it is necessary to reset the administrators password at the PC. One way to perform this task is the use of the installation DVD and use the repair console. This allows you to regain the full control.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...