Monday 27 November 2017

virtualbox - How can I install virtual box guest addition


I have install an 'Ubuntu server' environment on top of Virtual box which runs under Windows7.


How can I install virtual box guest addition? I have added the 'GuestAddition.iso' file under 'Storage'. But when I start the machine, I go to '/media/cdrom', there is nothing under that directory.


how can I fix it? I want my 'Ubuntu server window' (defined by Virtual box) bigger.


Thank you.



Answer



Instead, install the virtualbox additions from your distro version's official repositories:


sudo apt-get install virtualbox-ose-guest-utils


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...