Sunday 26 November 2017

windows 7 - Recover a partition


So I really thought this question would have been answered already... but I can't find it.


One of the drives I had in my system had a single partition on it. When I turned my machine on recently it no longer works.


At first it did not even show as a drive in explorer, now magically it does but when I try to access it windows prompts me to reformat it....


My iTunes library is on there and I would really love to recover it. What is my best option? Or what kind of tools should I be looking at to recover the data?



Answer



Testdisk is the specific tool i'd try for partition recovery though i have no idea if it'll work on windows 7 NTFS partitions.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...