Wednesday 22 November 2017

efi - How to boot Acer Aspire Switch 10 from external media?

I have an Acer Aspire Switch 10 and I want to boot with a USB stick or a DVD-reader.


I only can boot with a Windows 8 instal disk in it, having an EFI file on the DVD. With a recover USB stick (made under Windows 8) it works also ok. If I try with another EFI file it won't work. I think it must be an specific Acer or Microsoft EFI file. And I don't know how to make or edit it.


It won't work means for me when you boot from a USB stick or DVD it is not visible in the boot menu. I have a stick with YUMI on it and it works on all my other PC's. I want to do a virus scan undependable of its own windows and I want to make an image of the system as it is now.


I tried several ways of installing the EFI BIOS but I can't get it working.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...