Thursday 23 November 2017

Install Retail Windows 7 Ultimate disk with Home Premium OEM CD Key


I have an OEM Windows 7 Home Premium cd key and a Windows 7 Ultimate Retail Install disk. What procedure would I have to do to install home premium with my cd key? Do I need to edit ei.cfg?



Answer



You will need to either edit the ei.cfg and replace Ultimate with HomePremium, or delete the file entirely.


http://windows7center.com/news/how-to-install-any-version-or-sku-of-windows-7/ gives a more detailed step-by-step process of doing so:



  1. Open the disk image in 7-Zip

  2. Delete or edit sources/ei.cfg:

    • Delete to have the option select the SKU you want during install, or

    • Change the EditionID value to be the SKU that you want:

      • Ultimate

      • Premium

      • HomePremium

      • HomeBasic

      • Starter





  3. Save the image and burn it to disk


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...