Thursday 30 November 2017

macos - Installing MacPorts on Snow Leopard


I installed MacPorts from the DMG package at http://www.macports.org/install.php


After installing it I tried to use it and get this:


dlopen(/opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/macports1.0/MacPorts.dylib, 10): no suitable image found.  Did find:
/opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/macports1.0/MacPorts.dylib: no matching architecture in universal wrapper
while executing
"load /opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/macports1.0/MacPorts.dylib"
("package ifneeded macports 1.0" script)
invoked from within
"package require macports"
(file "/opt/local/bin/port" line 39)

I tried removing /opt/local/share/macports and /opt/local/bin/port and reinstalling, but it did not help.


Update:


I tried a complete removal by doing


%% sudo rm -rf \
/opt/local \
/Applications/DarwinPorts \
/Applications/MacPorts \
/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.* \
/Library/Receipts/DarwinPorts*.pkg \
/Library/Receipts/MacPorts*.pkg \
/Library/StartupItems/DarwinPortsStartup \
/Library/Tcl/darwinports1.0 \
/Library/Tcl/macports1.0 \
~/.macports

And then installing MacPorts-1.9.2-10.6-SnowLeopard.dmg but still I get same error.



Answer



Install it from source.


tar xjvf MacPorts-1.9.2.tar.bz2
cd MacPorts-1.9.2
./configure && make && sudo make install
sudo port -v selfupdate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...