Saturday 25 November 2017

Access another user's HKEY_CURRENT_USER Registry branch


I am looking for a way to access the registry of other users on a computer so I can copy them.


The idea is that I am trying to get a complicated Delphi app to compile and run on more than one profile.


I found a way once to do it with some Windows management tool, but I can't find it now.


I don't know the other user's password, so I can't log in as them or do a "run as".



Answer



you can use regedit for this. Open regedit and select HKEY_USERS then go to File->Load Hive. Browse to the users Hive file, usually NTUSER.DAT located at %userprofile%.


This of course requires you to be admin or have access to the users hive file.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...