Saturday 25 November 2017

php - How do I rename a file to .htaccess in Windows 7?


I'm using XAMPP to test a PHP script. Now, in the root of the folder I want to place a .htaccess file according to the requirements of the script.


But Windows won't let me rename it to .htaccess. Is there any way to go around it?


I'm using Windows 7 RTM.



Answer



this link discusses the same problem on XP.


I'll let you read it and decide if it applies to Windows 7, but the solution involves using a command line.


EDIT:


It starts from the fact that Windows will let you create an htaccess.txt file
Then


Start Run > cmd

then type


rename c:\pathtoyourhtaccessfile\htaccess.txt .htaccess

will do the trick


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...