Monday 27 November 2017

usb - Booting from pen drive - possible or not


I have an iso file of operating system's set up.


Now, I don't have dvd burner right now.


But the alternate - 4gb pen drive is available.


If I copy entire iso file to pen drive,


Can my system boot through pend drive?



Answer



Since you worded it as "if I copy the entire iso file to the pen drive" I want to just clarify something. You do not want to copy the .iso file to the thumb drive. You need to use an utility, such as UltraISO, to extract the ISO contents first. It is those files that need to be on the thumb drive. Also make sure that whatever is in the root of the ISO is also in the root of the thumb drive. I have seen people copy the ISO contents into a folder on the thumb drive and then be surprised why it won't boot.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...