Monday 27 November 2017

windows - Increase Speed of MP3 With Command-Line Tool


I'm looking for a Windows command-line tool that will allow me to increase the playback speed of MP3 files (podcasts and audiobooks). Preferrably free or open source.


Update: I want to be able to listen to a 1 hour podcast in less than 60 minutes, but it would be nice if the pitch wasn't changed.


If necessary, I can convert the MP3 to WAV first and then back again.



Answer



SoX, the Swiss Army knife of sound processing programs, can do this without a hitch:


sox --show-progress input.mp3 output.mp3 tempo 1.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...