Wednesday 22 November 2017

windows - Lower case file extension in MS Paint


How to make MS Paint (Windows XP) to use lower case file extensions when saving files? I mean setting the default behaviour when I don't enter the extension explicitly.



Answer



The default extensions used in the standard Open/Save dialogs are controlled by each application.


In this case, unfortunately, they are hard-coded inside the MS Paint executable. There's no way to change them, except from hex-editing mspaint.exe (not for the faint of heart).


I would suggest using a file renaming utility to change the letter case of the extensions.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...