Monday 27 November 2017

How to associate a file with a program in Windows via CMD




Possible Duplicate:
Associate a File Type with a Specific Program



How do I change file association via the cmd.exe prompt?


I know this is similar to this question, but I'm only concerned with CMD.



Answer



I'm editing my answer, because you can do it. The FTYPE command, in conjunction with the ASSOC command will let you change file associations.


To find your file type associations, you use the assoc command at the command prompt. Make sure you pipe it to the more filter because the list is quite long and will scroll out of your buffer.


assoc | more

After you know how you want to change the file associations, use the ftype command:


ftype TIFImage.Document="C:\Program Files\MSPVIEW.exe" "%1"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...