Wednesday 29 November 2017

Does the 2 terabyte limit for MBR apply to a partition or the entire disk?


This is really unclear from what I read. I have a 3TB secondary hard drive, but I want to install Windows 7 on that (for dual boot). I have an old BIOS so UEFI is not an option. I understand MBR only allows 2TB for boot partitions. So can I create a 2TB partition to install windows on and another 1TB for the rest of the data? All this using MBR?


I haven't tried it yet, because the disk is full of data, Thanks



Answer



Entire disk.


You cant get the full capacity of a larger disk using MBR, the partitioning and does not allow for it.


More information


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...