Tuesday 28 November 2017

How to Sync Thunderbird Contacts with Gmail Contacts


I have thunderbird 3.0 with the Zindus plugin. However it seems that Zindus syncs one way.


For example I type a new email address into thunderbird and then go to my gmail account and it has no record of this contact.


So is there a plugin or some setting that will make Zindus work both ways?



Answer



I'd recommend the Google Contacts add-on for Thunderbird (update 2015: this is no longer supported or available for recent versions of Thunderbird >24.X)


alt text



Access bi-directionaly to Google contacts via address books. This extension detects gmail accounts which have already set up and creates address books for each of them. Cards in the address books are synchronized with Google contacts; they represent the current Google contacts contents and Google contacts will be modified when you modify the cards. TB's mailing lists and Google's contacts groups are synchronized in the same manner.



For more information, click this link.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...