Tuesday 28 November 2017

Windows 7: Add column to ALL music folders


In Windows 7 Explorer, when I open a folder containing only music, it's smart enough to show me a custom set of columns (Name, #, Title, Contributing Artists, Album) that make sense for a music folder.


However, I also always want to see a Length column.


I can right click on the column headers and add the Length column, which is persistent for that folder, but when I go to another music folder, it doesn't have the new Length column.


How do I set up Windows so that ALL music folders ALWAYS show me this column?



Answer



You can add extra columns in the 'Details' view in one music folder and then set that as the default for all music folders via the 'Folder Options' dialog ('Organise > Folder and search options > View' and click 'Apply to folders').
Win 7 is clever enough to only apply this view to other music folders.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...