Wednesday 29 November 2017

Looking for tool to show IP packets (and do analysis) sent/received from/to my machine (want to debug why can't mount network drive)


fiddler2 comes close but this only deals with web browsers it seems.


I need this tool to debug why I can't mount a common standard network/NAS drive (e.g. via SMB/SAMBA) in Windows 7 Pro and Home.


Looking for definitive answer to accessing a network drive/NAS/SMB drive via Windows 7 HOME and Windows 7 Professional. Is it possible and how?



Answer



Use the Wireshark packet analyzer. It has special support for many protocols and can help you with debugging issues by decoding SMB messages.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...