Friday 24 November 2017

google chrome - Use URL of an image in Windows 10 file upload form

If there is a form that allows uploading an image, I often want to provide a URL of an image on the web instead of an image on my machine.


I'd love NOT to need to download the image to my machine first (just to then upload the image in the form, and then go delete the image from my machine).


However, URLs for images are often 700+ characters.


enter image description here


Windows 10 always then throws this error:


enter image description here



"The path is too long. Try a shorter name."



I already tried this Enable Win32 long paths Local Group Policy on my Win 10 machine. Unfortunately, I still get this error when trying to upload an image to Facebook by pasting (as a filename) a URL of an image on the web.


How can I skip the step of downloading an image to my machine if I want to upload that image?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...