Thursday 2 November 2017

How can I use the "Windows Live Call Button" on my headphone to answer a call with Skype?


Webcams and headphones from Microsoft (like for example the LifeChat ZX-6000, in my case) have a button which can be used only with Windows Live Messenger, to answer a call.


zx 6000


There is no option provided to configure it so that it would launch a program, or work in another communicator, in the given drivers.


Is there a way to make it work with Skype, so that I can answer a call by pressing this button? Maybe there are other drivers?



Answer



There is a small utility created by Jonathan Kay named Skype Call Button, which can be used in this purpose. It runs in background, and catches the button press events, and you can configure what it will do:


skype call button screenshot


It integrates with Skype (which will ask you if you authorize this program), so that you can answer an incoming call by pressing the button.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...