I have a Plusnet Hub One as my primary router/modem for all of the home's wired and wireless connections. In an attempt to increase the range and speeds when connecting to the internet upstairs, I'm planning to connect a second router (a TP-LINK Archer C50) to the first via an Ethernet cable.
To my understanding, once this connection is established and any IP address/DHCP range conflicts have been addressed, both routers will show up as two distinct networks.
As per step 4 of this guide, the routers can then optionally be merged into the one network by simply changing the new router's SSID and settings to reflect that of the old one.
Which of these choices should I opt for if I want the fastest speeds with the best signal throughout the house? Are the speed and signal strength of the two networks combined likely to be the same as they are separately?
No comments:
Post a Comment