Sunday, 5 November 2017

windows 7 - Performance issue with my system


Recently while using my laptop (Dell XPZ15z) all of a sudden the CPU usage is spiking to 80-100% then will drop in say 5-7 sec. I am not running any application or process that requires such CPU usage.


I am doing a lot of online gaming, while playing the same thing happens but the additional things happening are that the ping becomes 1500+ all of a sudden from 90-130 and then its showing network connection problem. Then I regain connection again in 5-7 sec. But now i noticed its the same time while my CPU usage is going above 80%.


Another incident that occurred is that while I was watching an YouTube video, all of sudden the video began to hang even though it was buffered earlier. Then the video stopped further playing and I saw that the CPU usage was way beyond 80 nearly 100%.


I increased the virtual page memory to almost 10 GB in all the drives. But it seems to have no effect as the problem continues. I have up to date anti-virus (Avast) and I scanned the whole system but no virus also have been found.


My system configuration is as follows:



  • Intel Core i7-2640M 2.80GHz

  • 8Gb DDR2(4*2)

  • 750Gb HDD

  • Nvidia 525M graphics card



Answer



If your high CPU usage is not being caused by malware, as you already mentioned in your question, then your laptop may have an overheating issue. You can check this by installing a CPU temperature monitoring application like SpeedFan.


If your CPU temperature is too high that might mean that it is time to bring your laptop to a computer repair technician for routine maintenance to clean out the dustballs from the aluminum cooling block under the CPU fan. Or else as a temporary fix you can put an external laptop cooling pad underneath your laptop.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...