Thursday, 16 November 2017

Google drive for multiple Windows users


My wife installed the Google Drive application on her account on our Win 7 desktop. I went to install it on my Windows user (Administrator) and it will start for a second then exit.


Can Google Drive run in multiple Windows user accounts? Please note I'm not asking if one Win acct can access multiple Google Drive accts.



Answer



As suggested by Ramhound, Google Drive will work if installed on the Windows Administrator acct. I had originally installed it on a non-admin acct (which required an admin password to continue) but it then would not work later when I tried to install it on my admin acct.


So I uninstalled it completely and deleted the Google Drive folders on the non-admin acct. Switched over to the admin acct and reinstalled it. Google Drive then asked me to associate it with my Google acct.


Switched over to my wife's acct and was required to unlink it from her Google acct an then relink it. Did that and now we had our our own Google Drive folders linked under our Windows accounts. I didn't see any warning about this in the Google Drive help.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...