Thursday, 9 November 2017

email - View/change IMAP/SMTP options in Outlook 365


The interface of Outlook 365 has changed a few days ago with an update.


I can't find anymore where can I view or change the IMAP/SMTP options for the email accounts I've added to the application.


I'm trying to find a window similar to this:


Change Account


I'm not sure how it used to be before, but I can see in many places suggesting to go to File -> Account Settings. In the Window with the list of email accounts, I select the one I want, and then press "Change...".


Instead of seeing the Window I'm looking for, I see something like this:


New Window


This is really unhelpful. If I press "Next", I just see a success message saying that my account is set up. If I press "Reset Mail settings", absolutely nothing happens.


I want to see things like which ports are being used, and what's the "mail server", etc... and correct them, if needed.


Any ideas?



Answer



You can open Control Panel -> Mail, click 'Email Accounts' button. Then double click your IMAP account to see the settings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...