Friday 3 November 2017

macos - Keyboard shortcut to unhide or unminimize a window in OS X


I know how to Hide (Cmd+H) or Minimize (Cmd+M) a focused window in OS X, but I can't find a keyboard shortcut or even a menu item to restore, unhide, unminimize, or otherwise show a window that I've hidden or minimized.


Anyone have a suggestion?



Answer



This way requires a bit of practice:




  • press ⌘ ⇥ (Command-Tab) to show your running apps. Keep holding .




  • press until you've selected the minimized app




  • press the (Option) key, and let go of the key. You must release the Command key after pressing the Option key!




Note that this only works for an app with all of its windows minimized. If there is already a visible window of the app you won't be able to get to the minimized one with this trick.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...