Friday 3 November 2017

windows 7 - How to make my laptop a WiFi Hotspot (using internet from USB 3G device)


I own a USB 3G Device to access internet on my Windows 7 laptop. I am interested in using this internet connection on my Android Cell Phone too. So, I plan to make my laptop a WiFi hotspot so that I can use WiFi to share my internet connection with my cell phone. Can someone guide me how to do so?


Note: Free or open-source software considerable.



Answer



You couldn't do it before Windows 7... because no previous version of Windows included the Virtual WiFi components. So, if you want to do this with XP or Vista, forget about it.


Now. If you do have Windows 7, you can use Virtual Router. It's still in Beta, so it's Free. You could also try Connectify, and see if the limited lite version fits your needs , or you can use the MyRouter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...