Friday 3 November 2017

ubuntu 10.04 - How do I rip an audio CD to a single file?


Many programs rip audio as one file per track. I'm looking for a program or method that can rip the whole audio CD to a single file. Which program or method can do this in Ubuntu?



Answer



At least a command-line application abcde, found in the universe, can handle ripping the whole CD into one file.


After installing, the basic usage would be (in Terminal):


abcde -1 -a default,cue -o wav

The command should create a full-length file with a cue file. Instead of wav, you can use ogg, mp3, flac, spx, mpc, m4a if you have the codecs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...