Thursday 20 December 2018

Prevent tab change on contextual "Search Google for '{selected text}'"


When using Chrome, it's possible to select some text, then use the right-click menu to launch a search for it in a new tab. By default, Chrome switches to the new tab.


I consistently find myself preferring to finish the original page before moving on.


Is it possible to prevent the switch to the new tab?


To avoid confusion, I mean when doing this:


enter image description here



Answer



Hold down the CTRL key when you click Search Google for ....


That should open the search results in a new tab without losing focus of your current tab.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...