Sunday 23 December 2018

ubuntu - Can I get dpkg to ignore an error returned from a post-installation script?


I am manually installing a .deb file (which I don't maintain) onto my Ubuntu system.


The package has a post-installation script which erroneously fails, and therefore the package is considered broken.


dpkg: error processing astah-community (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 127

This package is actually installed correctly and is working fine (the post-installation script is incorrect). When I perform any apt operation on my system it now complains that the package is broken; how can I resolve this?


This doesn't help:


sudo dpkg -i /path/to/the.deb --force-all

Answer



You can edit the post install script at /var/lib/dpkg/info/astah-community.postinst to comment out a portion that is failing. Or you can just rename/remove that file to prevent dpkg from running it at all.


Once you've done one of those you can use dpkg --configure astah-community to have dpkg retry the configuration process, and hopefully have that succeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...