Wednesday 26 December 2018

spell check - Spellcheck in Ubuntu


In MacOS X it is possible to have spellcheck OS wide for all applications where you have an input. Is something similar possible with Ubuntu? So that I have spellcheck for e.g. skype?



Answer



I don't think there is anything approaching this functionality yet available on Ubuntu. It's been proposed time and again on ubuntu brainstorm, and these suggestions have been collected under this idea: Idea #364: More comprehensive dictionary program. (Check the duplicates assigned to this idea).


Check this post to see a rigged up implementation with the same goal in mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...