Friday 21 December 2018

virtual machine - Boot to OS on physical disk - p2v

I have a dual boot machine. Both OSs run from different disks. Linux is on an internal HDD and Windows on the internal SSD.


I just wanted to be able to run both at the same time. I suppose it will be easier to virtualize the existent Linux from Windows than the other way round.


Virtualization is enabled on the BIOS.


I was trying the solution described in this post. and managed to boot a Supergrub ISO, but this can't find my disk. I put the disk offline and added it to the VM and also turned it online, but nothing worked.


I'm open to any solution, Hyper-V, VMWare, Oracle Virtualbox or whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...