Tuesday 25 December 2018

Home Network Bandwidth Control


I will mount a home network to share the ADSL internet connection. The speed is 1Mb, but I want that my PC get 75% of the bandwidth and the another PC get 25%.


I know that linux boxes can do it, but then I will need an extra PC, because all PCs are WinXP .


What solutions I can do use (free is better)?


Thanks for all.



Answer



If your router doesn't support traffic shaping, you can install this on each computer:



Traffic Shaper XP is a free bandwidth limiter for Windows 2000, XP and 2003 Server. It combines high performance traffic shaping with the ease of use and flexibility to keep your network free of congestion.



alt text


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...