Wednesday 26 December 2018

Windows 8.1 Keeps Turning Off Automatic Updates

My OS keeps turning off automatic Windows updates without even logging off or restarting the computer.


Action center icon in the task bar warns me about choosing an option for Windows update as if I haven't chosen countless times already.


It started to get really annoying to keep choosing a Windows update option 5 - 10 times a day.


I really appreciate any help you can provide on this matter.


Things I have tried so far;



  • I have tried How do I reset Windows Update components? suggested by Tetsujin. Unfortunately didn't help my case

  • Tried following commands; reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update" /v AUOptions /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f and then sc config wuauserv start= auto as suggested here.

  • Googling. Tried few suggestions which didn't help my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...