Monday 24 December 2018

encryption - How to share an encrypted storage on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux in a secure way

I got a 2 TB drive that I have to use with both Windows 8.1 / Windows 10 and Yosemite to OS X / OS X El Capitan and maybe even on Linux.


I need to encrypt the volume. Or rather, I want to create two partitions: a 1.7 TB encrypted and unencrypted the remaining space.


Now I use Windows BitLocker to 512bit. On Mac and Linux nothing, obviously.


What do you recommend?


I saw TrueCrypt (and I read about all the confusion created after May 2014), of VeraCrypt, of GNUPG, Disklocker to read BitLocker on Unix.


But I feel lost and without a good idea.


And if I use TrueCrypt 7.1a waiting for new solutions such as precautions to prevent memory dumps and other potential crack?


And then how should I use TrueCrypt to format the drive? In GPT? MBR? Journaled? FAT?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...