Monday 31 December 2018

language - Get Cortana to work in English (UK) for Windows 10

I upgraded to Windows 10, and Cortana doesn’t seem to be available based on the Start Menu:



Cortana isn’t supported in the region and language you’ve selected.



Start Menu screenshot


but when I click the link, it takes me to this page:


screenshot of help page


which suggests it should be available in the UK, since I've checked



  • my language settings are English (UK),

  • I have the English (UK) language pack installed, and

  • the speech settings are also set to English (UK).


I think this is everything, right?  It certainly ticks the boxes in the Microsoft help article.


How can I get Cortana up & running?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...