Monday 31 December 2018

network interface - Sharing LAN between two buildings. What should I use?

I need to connect two buildings to share LAN and internet connection between them. They are 20m apart, but from the two end points I would need about 90m of cable. I know that the maximum of UTP is 100m, so it would be feasible with it, but I don't know how to connect the two buildings. As far as I know, UTP is vulnerable to weather, so it wouldn't be wise to just stretch the cable in the air between the two. Optical cable is out of the question because of the high costs.


What would be the best?


Edit: Ok, I think WIFI is a good alternative, but I'll still need to pull a cable from the endpoint to the other end of the building. Is it a good way if I get about 50m of UTP to a WIFI bridge and then the two wifi bridges will connect the two bldgs? Wouldn't this make the network unstable?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...