Sunday 23 December 2018

download - Firefox: Downloading files with drag and drop


In Firefox, if you drag and drop a URL (pointing to MyDocument.PDF, for example) into Total Commander (or Windows Explorer), Firefox will create a link (MyDocument.URL pointing to MyDocument.PDF) instead of downloading the PDF file.
Is it possible to actually download the file instead of getting a .url file?




Yes, I know, I could use 'Save target as...' in the contextual menu but this will open an additional 'where to save' dialog box.



Answer



OMG! I just find out that this feature is already implemented but not in Firefox, in Total Commander! More exactly it does exactly what I want if do a 'shift + drag and drop'. This will open a 'Connect to web host' box that will download the file.


Anyway, anyone can post a solution that will work from within Firefox, I will accept that solution instead of mine (because mine will work of course only with Total Commander).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...