Tuesday 25 December 2018

Elevate a running program to administrator (Windows 7)


Sometimes you may open a program that you want to run as an administrator, but you may already have opened it not as an administrator. Is it possible to elevate the privileges of an already running program in Windows 7 or do I have to close and restart as admin?



Answer



Unfortunately, no. A running process cannot be elevated to administrator privileges. I'm looking for a more authoritative source, but for now I have found:




  1. "Programs can't be elevated once they've already been launched..."




  2. "Code can only be elevated at process level when startup, which means that a running process cannot be elevated."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...