Saturday 22 December 2018

New laptop - no install media - Backup Windows - Install linux

So I've got a new laptop, but no installation media. The hard drive has a hidden restore partition, a Windows 7 partition, and a small partition for vendor tools.


My goal is to make a backup of the Windows 7 partition, get rid of them all, install Ubuntu then reinstall Windows 7 from some sort of image.


Does anyone have some help or advice on how to go about doing this, best practices, or a documented walk through?


I've seen people use various live CDs to do this, I'd like to know what the best approach is.


Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...