Friday 28 December 2018

display - How do I decrease the brightness of my screen below the minimum on Windows 8?


The minimum brightness on my desktop monitor is far too bright. I need a way to reduce the brightness of my screen below the minimum. On my Mac, the app Brightness Slider worked perfectly for this purpose.


Based on the answer to this question, I tried using Dimmer, but it doesn't work properly in Windows 8. Sometimes it just dims the desktop, or the active window, and doesn't dim anything else. The result is a partially bright screen which looks totally weird.


If it matters, I really need this kind of app. If there is no such app available, is it possible that I could code it by myself, somehow? :-|



Answer



f.lux has a hidden feature which allows you to decrease your screen's brightness below the minimum set by Windows.


You can use alt+pgdn to decrease brightness and alt+pgup to increase brightness.


Note: This is not the same as adjusting screen temperature, which f.lux is also able to do.


Dimming screen with f.lux


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...