Sunday 23 December 2018

vmware - Can a hypervisor like VirtualBox be used to launch a virtualized OS which is also directly bootable?

This question is rather theoretical:


Suppose I have a PC with two different OS on two different partitions: OS1 on sda1 and OS2 on sda2. Is it somehow possible to set up a program like VMWare or Virtualbox in OS1, which accesses sda2, boots it and runs OS2? On the other hand OS2 should be bootable directly, as well.


I realize that the emulated OS2 would be an awful lot slower and probably noone would really use this setup, but I find this very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...