Tuesday 25 December 2018

linux - Backup IMAP Email Account to a Hosted Google Account

I have a vanilla IMAP account for work, and they also provisioned me a hosted Google email account.


I have tried good ol' drag-and-drop migration with Thunderbird on more than a few occasions, and it was a miserable failure. I am now interested in using a proper syncing tool, and scripting it effectively so I no longer have to work about running up against a quota.


Has anyone used imapsync with good results? If not, do they recommend any other migration tools? I would love if someone could confirm the ability of imapsync to map to different folder paths (think Inbox -> Inbox.JanuaryToDecember2010) or any tool that can migrate to a path different than the original email folder location in the new account. It would make organizing really easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...