Sunday 30 December 2018

security - Are anti-static wrist bands really safe?

Is grounding oneself using anti-static wrist band (connected to ground wire & having a protective resistor) still dangerous in case a very high current flows through the ground wire (due to some short-circuit/ faulty lines)?


Will the power rating of the resistor (generally 1 Mega ohm 1/2 Watt resistor used) be sufficient in case a very large current surges through the ground wire & a person is grounded with it (via anti-static wrist band)? Or do we need to use a higher Watt resistor (power rating > 1/2 Watt) to take care of this particular situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...