Thursday 27 December 2018

windows 10 - How to copy and paste file with the "Remote Desktop" app?


There are two RDP clients for Windows 10:



  • the old Remote Desktop Connection client (built-in)

  • the newer Remote Desktop client (windows store).


While I have no trouble to copy and paste files around with the old client, I cannot manage to do the same thing with the newer client. How do I copy and paste files between machines with the Remote Desktop app?



Answer



I've tested this myself and it doesn't work here either.


According to Microsoft here, it's not possible. You can copy-paste text between sessions, but not files. Their proposed solution is using the old application, Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...