Monday 31 December 2018

USB keyboards repeat rate seem slower than PS/2

Long ago, I've had a PS/2 keyboard but lately have switched to USB keyboards, namely Microsoft Comfort Curve and then Microsoft Natural 4000.


What I've noticed is that these USB keyboards have quite slower repeat rates than PS/2 keyboards. I always set repeat rate to maximum since I use arrow keys much, in text editors, in Total Commander and in this very edit field. So it's sometimes annoying that I scroll through text slower than before.


So, does anyone know of a way to raise the repeat rate on these keyboards? Or is it caused by the hardware?


Note than IntelliType software is not installed. I've set it up previously but the rate is not affected by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...