Monday 31 December 2018

linux - Convert Setup Script (BASH) To Ask Password Only Once?

I have a script that I use to set up my laptop automatically with all of my settings. I experiment with different Linux distributions constantly on this laptop, so it is very useful to have a script like this to pull in all my settings fresh after an install. It works well, but it asks for my password multiple times. I know it's because I'm using scp multiple times, but I'm not quite sure if maybe my password can be cached and reused for the rest of the script after the first entry?


Here is the script: http://pastebin.com/gHFr91Lf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...